We are in the process of finalising the mechanical design works for a project at Franklin House. The new ‘Grade A’ standard, high quality office accommodation is one of 3 new buildings, located in the Kings Worthy conservation area.
Due to start on site this week, the fast-track program is scheduled for handover in September. The works are due to comprise of the following elements:
- Detailed visual survey and inspection of the existing, mechanical, electrical, and public health services installations prior to works commencing.
- Strip out of the redundant mechanical services installations
- Installation of Mitsubishi HVRF (hybrid variable refrigerant flow system)
- Installation of Condensate drainage
- Installation of office primary fresh air and extract ventilation
- Office on floor toilet/Shower Ventilation systems
- Refrigerant leak detection system
- Automatic controls and Building management systems
Installation works will incorporate the provision of thermal insulation to the mechanical services. Provision of acoustic equipment and acoustic treatment, secondary support steelwork and access platforms associated with the installation. Testing and commissioning and user demonstration of the newly installed systems. Provision and issue of operation and maintenance manual and record & co-ordinated working drawings for the complete installation.
Specialist access will need to be arranged to lift the AHU’s & condensers to the roof. We have to contend with long lead delivery times on a short program. In order to deliver the scheme on time we will be commissioning work in phases, handing over sectional completions for incoming tenants. This will happen on a floor-by-floor basis in order to minimise disruptions.